Things have been slow on the car, but thankfully my friend Shannon McSherry has let me borrow his TIG welder.  So it’s full steam ahead.

I went to Gavin’s house and we set up a jig for cutting the collectors square on both ends and then cut them with his large drop saw.  We then decided to repeat the same process with the manifold itself.

When it came to fit the collectors up it was well worth the time to cut the collectors and manifold accurately, they fitted up well.  Trevor came over on Sunday and made the 2 to 1 collector for under the turbo. We were then able to finish up taking the passenger’s side of the system.

Things are tight on the driver’s side so a few tweaks to the design is required.

Advertisements